"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time."
- Edith Wharton

Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 35

I am exhausted. Boo is sick -- the dreaded h1n1 -- and so is exH. Lulu stayed home from school today, but she's OK. I am somehow not sick, at least not yet. I am going to be so upset if I am sick for our Disney trip next week!
So with the sick kids at home (and wow, is Boo whiny!) and craziness at work, it's been hard to focus on the happiness stuff. But here's what I've got ...

1. New Moon. Loved this movie! Not only did it provide a desperately needed escape from the house, but it so perfectly captured the heart of the book.

2. Christmas shopping: done! Boo's birthday is covered, too. It's so nice not to be racing around ordering at the last minute (and spending too much). Lulu and Boo will have a great Christmas and I didn't spend (much) more than I planned.

3. Starbucks' new Caramel Brulee Latte: Not quite as perfect as the beloved Gingerbread Latte, but very, very close.

4. Light Ranch dressing, which I have been scooping up on raw veggies by the cup-full.

5. Our new Christmas jammies: Lulu, Boo, and I all have matching red-and-white penguin pjs. How cute is that? I will be sad when they no longer think that's adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment