"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time."
- Edith Wharton

Friday, March 18, 2011

The Big Reveal, part 1

So it turns out I chose my paint colors well -- I love, love, love my new bedroom and bathroom. What a massive transformation!

Without further ado, here are the before and after shots.

















































































































































What do you think? It's not quite finished yet. I'm still waiting on new end tables (they're actually Flint metal bar stools from CB2!) and I'm not sure where various art pieces will end up (I think the Escapes print will probably get relocated to the living room), but it's close! Oh, and I did touch up a few things between the time I took the photos and today ... new light switch and outlet plate covers, more panels on the windows, a new sconce above the bathroom mirror.

Now on to the kitchen ...

Where It All Came From ...
Bedroom:
Paint - Benjamin Moore Chelsea Gray in Aura Matte on walls, Sherwin Williams Extra White in gloss on trim and built-ins
Bedding - Dwell for Target
Light fixture - Ikea
"Escape" painting - CB2
Desk - West Elm
White shelving - Ikea
Headboard - West Elm
Gray curtains - Target
White sheers - Ikea

Bathroom:
Paint - Benjamin Moore Sanctuary in Aura Matte
Towels - CB2
Towel bars and knobs - West Elm

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT ALL!!!!! You have inspired me! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No complaints from me. You've got my favorite new color scheme happening there!

    ReplyDelete