"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time."
- Edith Wharton

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day 2

The thing about blogging about what made me happy every day (yeah, ok, it's only been two days, but go along with me here) is that I have already started to look for moments of happiness throughout the day so that I will have something to blog about. Now, I don't know that I'm any happier (again, it's only been two days!), but at least I'm thinking about it more.

Today was a bit challenging -- I'm fighting off a cold, I'm in a weird place at work where I'm both busy and bored. But here goes anyway.

1. Glee! What a weird, quirky show, but it's hilarious! And the name can't help but make you happy.

2. After another half-dozen chapters, Lulu is completely entranced with The Little Prince. "I loooooooove it, mommy!" I forgot how advanced the concepts are, but she's just taking it all in. We just finished the chapter about the king who has no one to command.

3. Boo's biannual assessment came home today in advance of his parent-teacher conference. He won't be 3 until Dec., but they used the 3-5 skills assessment and little one rocked it! I am so proud of how smart and social and adaptable he is ... believe me, he gets all the credit for those skills!

4. I have a date! I have no expectations -- it's just a first date, after all -- but it's nice to be officially dating again. Dates are fun! Nerve-wracking and potentially awkward, sure, but going out, meeting someone new ... that's fun.

5. I lost my wallet at Starbucks. Again. Yes, the same Starbucks. And, thankfully, it was turned in with all the cash and credit cards. Honest people make me happy. As do Starbucks baristas who now know me as the wallet girl and offered me my own cubby for the next time I leave something behind. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment