"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time."
- Edith Wharton

Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 7: Un-Happy Days

I think the lesson of the day is that some days just aren't happy days. It's tough to find moments of joy in a day that began at 3 am, when I woke up to find Lulu throwing up in her bathroom, looking so sad and pathetic. I tucked her in to my bed, but neither of us went back to sleep. We watched "Little House on the Prairie" instead. I've read "Little House in the Big Woods" to Lulu and Boo, so she knew the characters enough to follow along and it distracted her for awhile. But soon enough, she got sick again, so no sleep. I packed Boo off to school (in tears because he had to ride with Nana instead of me, but Lulu was too sick to go in the car) in hopes that Lulu and I could finally sleep, but no luck. She eventually crashed, but I had calls for work and didn't get to rest.

My only true moment of happiness today? Lulu kept down the chicken soup I fed her for dinner, and maybe, just maybe, she will be able to go to school tomorrow. At the very least, I hope she sleeps through the night. For my sake and hers.

P.S. Just thought of one! "Gossip Girl" is on tonight! There, that's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment