"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time."
- Edith Wharton

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day 6

Not even a week in and I've already missed a few days! It's been a busy weekend ... I had a date on Friday night and two tired little ones (resulting in a very tired mama) Saturday night. But let's get back on track with the happiness posts.

1. Good first dates. Jeff was very nice, sincere, and a good conversationalist. I liked him a lot, though I'm not sure there's any romantic attraction. But we have a lot in common and it was a fun first date, not at all awkward.

2. Fall festivals. A friend's son had his 5th birthday at a big festival today and despite some whining from Lulu, we had a great time. The highlight was the hayride -- a last-minute decision as we were heading out.

3. Freedom to skip out when we need to makes me happy (or at least less stressed!). We had plans to attend a Halloween party at Lulu's school last night, but it was rainy and miserable and both kids were tired, so we made the call to stay home. I felt bad because we had rsvp'd yes and I was looking forward to the kids getting to wear their costumes, but I don't think it would have gone well if I'd tried to force it.

4. Bengal Spice tea. I have been fighting off a cold the past week and a big mug of hot spiced tea with a generous squeeze of honey has been heavenly.

5. Naps. Lulu is a great napper -- she's almost 6 and still crashes for 2+ hours on the weekends. Boo, not so much. He usually fights naps to the point where he doesn't sleep at all, and believe me, he needs the rest! They slept beautifully both days this weekend -- and so did I!

6. Ambien. I don't take it often, and when I do, I cut the tiny little 10 mg pills in half, but every so often I need it and I am so glad to have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment