"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time."
- Edith Wharton

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day 3: Happiness in Unexpected Places

People like to say that you learn something new every day, but let's be honest. Most days, you talk to the same people, drive along the same routes, and follow the same routine. Not a lot of opportunity for discovery there. So that's why new revelations delight me so much. Here are a few NEW things I've learned lately:

1. There is a little tab on the sides of the box of of Saran Wrap, aluminum foil, waxed paper, etc. If you push the tabs in, they hold the roll in place. Genius! How many years have I not known this?

2. Probably the same number of years that I have not known about the Rinse cycle on the dishwasher. I have had a dishwasher for, oh, the past 20 years, I bet, and I never noticed this. You can push it and (on mine at least) it rinses your dishes for 10 minutes. We only run the dishwasher a couple of times a week, so this keeps it from getting all smelly and crusty between uses. Also genuis!

3. No-water Chai. I love Starbucks Chai, but every so often it comes out all watery instead of yummy and spicy. Turns out you can order it without water ... voila! No water = no watery Chai!

Who knew happiness could come in such small, unexpected ways?

No comments:

Post a Comment