"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time."
- Edith Wharton

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

On Confessions and Cosmetics

I have a confession to make. I've been putting off writing this post for a couple days now because I know what you guys are going to think. Hopefully you aren't as judgmental as R, who told me he doesn't want to hear another word about it.

So here goes: P and I are back together.

I know, I know, what am I thinking? First, I didn't go running back, even though it was tempting. He was the one who asked if we could talk through the problems. Which we did, pretty calmly and openly. He apologized for not being there when I moved and said that he does love me and wants to be there for me and be a part of my life. He admitted he isn't very good at expressing that. :) We talked about why our recent disagreements got so out of hand and how to better manage them in the future. It all felt very grown-up.

I guess time will tell whether this was a true turning point or just another phase in a bad cycle. I'm proud that I spoke up for what I wanted and didn't compromise. So judge if you will. I can take it.

And now for a total change of pace ...

Miracle product alert: Maybelline Great Lash *Waterproof* Mascara
I've read countless raves over the years about how great Maybelline Great Lash is, but it never really worked for me. I've tried at least a dozen other brands -- high and low end -- but nothing was quite right. They were too clumpy, too heavy, made my lashes look fake, etc. So I decided to give Great Lash another shot, but this time I bought the waterproof formula. And it's perfect! No clumps, no garish fake-lash look, just nice, pretty, long lashes. Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the Maybelline Great Lash Mascara! I leave mine in the car so its "heated up," I swear it goes on even better then!

    ReplyDelete