"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time."
- Edith Wharton

Friday, April 23, 2010

What a Difference a Week Makes?

Today is a very good day. Things were tough earlier in the week, but I got two very welcome bits of news today. First, I found out that I can buy a new house no matter what happens with my current home. ExH and I have applied to our mortgage company to allow him to assume the mortgage and I thought that if they said no, I'd have to rent. But a chance conversation with a mortgage lender changed all that -- she can qualify me regardless as long as I can prove exH has been paying the current loan for at least a year. So, new house, here we come! Keep your fingers crossed that I can get the one I have my eye on.

The second piece of good news is that exH finally agreed to the separation terms so our divorce can proceed. That is such a huge, huge relief. He'll still have one more chance to fight it if he wants, but this was a major first step.

If Wishes Were Changes ... (from one of my favorite songs)

So the week that started off so low is ending on a high. P lent me a book on positive thinking and I think it might be working! I have really focused the past week on a few "wishes" and two seem to be coming true already. Here's what I have been focusing on:

1. Finding a great home for me and the kids (big step forward today)
2. Finalizing the divorce (another big step today)
3. Getting in shape (I swam three times this week!)
4. Paying off debt (going slower than I hoped, but it's happening)
5. Being secure and confident in my relationship with P (also slowly but surely)
6. Getting a promotion at work (this is a 6-12 month goal)

Some of these are under my control, others aren't, but I'm putting them out there regardless. Universe, are you listening?

1 comment:

  1. Sending many prayers for answers to all of your goals. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete