"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time."
- Edith Wharton

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Just Keep Swimming

Apologies for not checking in for a few days. Life has been pretty busy lately, mostly all good things, and I just haven't had much free time. I'm trying to buy a house (more on that later in the week), keep up with my swimming, plus squeeze in some time with P and, oh, do some actual work!

Swimming has been such a positive change over the past two weeks. It's hard to find the time to get to the pool, but when I do, it's incredibly relaxing and really helps me puzzle through whatever's on my mind. And not only do I enjoy the exercise, but I also love the symbolism of it. A year or so ago, I often felt like I was drowning and now here I am not just afloat, but powering through the water.

I've also felt a big change with P. It may be just that I am feeling more comfortable and secure in the relationship, but I think he's also opening up more too. Being with him feels, finally, like a source of calm and happiness rather than a source of anxiety and insecurity. We seem to have settled into an easy, relaxed relationship, and I just love being around him with none of that sort of crazy obsessiveness I've felt in previous relationships (and for a time, in this one). I am also happy to discover that when I have good news or bad, he's the first person I want to talk to.

Wish me luck! Within the next day or so I should know for sure whether I can buy a house now, and if so, I may even have an offer in!

No comments:

Post a Comment