"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time."
- Edith Wharton

Monday, June 14, 2010

New World Order, Day 1: Success!

Today was an easy day, a gimme, really. I got to work about an hour later than usual, went for coffee with R, which ate up another hour as I poured out the whole shameful weekend saga, then was in meetings for two more hours before leaving early for the day to take Lulu and Boo to their ice skating lesson. So not too much time in there to fret about P. He did stop by to say hello as I was heading off to a meeting -- the perfect brief, but happy encounter to set the tone for the week.

Mondays are my night with Lulu and Boo, so no swimming, but I'm planning to go tomorrow and Thursday, plus once over the weekend. So all in all, it was an excellent first day in the NWO. Tomorrow brings another flurry of meetings so I am hopeful of another day of smooth sailing.


And the winners are ... 

I know you are all dying to know which paint colors I chose for the new house. OK, so you've forgotten all about that in all the P-related insanity, but not me! When it comes to obsessing, I am the queen of all multi-taskers!

Living room: Benjamin Moore Lido Green (a soft robin's egg blue) walls with a Crystal Blue ceiling. Here are some photos to give you an idea. (Lido Green is the first one.)


My bedroom: White walls (gasp! for the first time ever!) with C2 Bella Donna (smoky lavender gray) on the ceiling.

Lulu and Boo's rooms haven't changed -- Benjamin Moore Cat's Meow for her and Golden Honey for Boo. Both will have Crystal Blue on the ceiling. Restoration Hardware Cappuccino for my bathroom, and Benjamin Moore Super White semigloss on the trim throughout the house.

All that's left undecided is their bathroom and the kitchen. For their bath, I am thinking of mixing together the 7 or 8 pint samples of various aquas I tested. I can't bear to toss all that lovely paint and I bet the mixed-up color would be gorgeous! The kitchen is going to wait until my sister comes out to visit. She offered to help me paint the cabinets, so the walls will wait until I can coordinate the cabinet and wall colors with the existing granite countertops (which are a nice sandy color, which will fit my beach theme nicely).

I can't wait to see everything put together!


No comments:

Post a Comment