"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time."
- Edith Wharton

Thursday, June 17, 2010

NWO, Day 4

Another busy day, but that didn't calm my thoughts much. There is so much swirling around in my head -- craziness at work, the divorce hearing on Monday, exH's lack of stability, the situation with P -- that my anxiety levels are sky-high. P is stressed out too, so I was hesitant about having dinner with him this evening. I haven't felt so nervous around him since our first few dates! But after a few moments of uncertainty, we fell into our routine -- I cooked, he cleaned, we bitched about work, and caught up on all our non-work stuff. And by the time I left, things felt, if not amazing, then at least OK. So we'll see. I don't want to jump back in until I'm sure that's the right thing for both of us.

No swimming tonight -- I was so anxious throughout the day that I actually had a stomachache -- and I did break the no-weeknights rule with P, but I'm glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment