"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time."
- Edith Wharton

Friday, June 18, 2010

Oh the Drama!

I just spent an hour or so reading through Natalie's fabulous 30 Days of Drama Reduction Series on her also fabulous blog, Baggage Reclaim. While not all of the 30 posts spoke to me, many felt like reading my own diary. Deep down, I know I have always been a bit (a lot!) of a drama queen in relationships, and seeing my own history and patterns laid bare, well, it was both horrifying and comforting. Because clearly I am not the only one.

I was also comforted to see that much of the advice offered was right in line with the New World Order -- take a step back, identify drama triggers, and develop coping mechanisms for averting them. So perhaps I am on the right path.

Today went well. I was feeling less anxious about P after our nice evening last night. We have plans to go out tomorrow, and I am hoping for a low-key, relaxing night. He's out at a work-sponsored pub crawl tonight, something that might have worried me at one point (like, you know, last week), but I find myself merely hoping he has fun and looking forward to seeing him tomorrow. Drama-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment