"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time."
- Edith Wharton

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Paint It Black?

If you are reading this, you are in a very elite group. Well, a very small group at least! I have a few dozen regular readers -- some as far away as Russia and the United Arab Emirates -- most of whom are online friends. But there are a few of you I don't know. Maybe you found me through another blog or through Blogger, but most of you find me through a Google search ... for paint. Yes, paint. Apparently, the few posts about paint colors sprinkled among my self-indulgent ramblings about P are attracting a small audience. Who knew?

So just for fun, here's a post for my painting peeps. Just ignore all relationship angst and enjoy some pics of various paint colors I've used and loved over the years.

Benjamin Moore St. Martin Sand ... warm taupe that looks gorgeous with black and white accents.









Benjamin Moore Hasbrouck Brown (behind the shelves) ... perfect chocolate brown shade, not too warm, not too dark.













Benjamin Moore Bird's Egg ... so pretty and calming without being washed out. I'm using the color above it on the paint strip (Crystal Blue) for the ceilings in my new house.












Benjamin Moore August Morning ... a beautiful apricot color, but only use it in a sunny room! (Ask me how I know this.) This is probably my favorite room ever. It was the living room in my 90-year-old house in Birmingham. Love the color, the old floors, the woodwork, the stone fireplace.





Restoration Hardware Sea Green ... not green at all, but a lovely aqua. This is my bedroom in my current house.








Benjamin Moore Pale Sea Mist (above and at left) ... used in three houses now, and I've never gotten tired of it. A lovely light green.








Restoration Hardware Shore ... nice blue, not too "baby boy". It's not really my favorite, but exH picked it when this room was his office. It is lovely with the slate blue couch he has in there now.










Restoration Hardware Rose ... beautiful medium pink color; a perfect match to the Shabby Chic line at Target. This used to be Lulu's room before she decided to move in with Boo. I still love how it came out. You can't tell, but the slanted ceilings are painted RH Peony, a much paler version of Rose.








Benjamin Moore Jamaican Aqua ... love this color! It might be a little much for a large room, but I just adore it for a smaller bedroom or bathroom. So beachy and pretty.












Benjamin Moore White Sand... not my favorite choice, but we repainted with selling the house in mind, and it works fine for that. It's a warm off-white.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing decorator/painter extraordinaire you are! These rooms look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, SO jealous...these are amazing rooms/decors! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete